Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Makeup I Love: Dark Lips

Lips and Eyes

Lips and Eyes by fashionparis featuring black lips makeup



      So here is the makeup post I promised in my last post. Recently I've been really obsessed with dark lipstick! It was never something I ever liked before or would've ever thought would look good on me. But I bought some  for a sort of costume thing I was planning on doing with some friends and ended up really liking them for ever day! My two favorites right now are Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Va Va Violet and Black Cherry (which you can see at the bottom right of the set), and for around $8 each they are a great buy! 

      These lipsticks have been going really well with the darker color palate I've been wearing lately. The black cherry color is dark but also somehow bright and looks great applied matte or sheer. The violet is pretty dark and almost goth-ish but not in a bad way, it's really chic in my opinion. One thing that I really love to pair with my dark lips is a natural smokey eye look. It's less harsh than a regular smokey eye and makes the dark lips look less goth. Something like Urban Decay's Naked pallet would be great, or for something cheaper try NYX's Dusk til Dawn pallet.

 So if your in the market for dark lipstick I would recommend these two by Revlon and that you pair them with a natural smokey eye or just a thick, black winged eyeliner for an even simpler look! Hope you liked my little makeup post, and as always have a great day and I'll talk to ya soon!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment