Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Favorite S/s 2015 Collections + 1 Year of Blogging!!




    Hey guys, I'm finally back!! Things have been so hectic with the start of college at VCU and I just haven't been able to get around to posting, but now I am back and will hopefully be putting up more stuff (though maybe not as often as I used to). Also 1 year ago today I started Little Velvet Owl!! I'm so happy that I've been able to keep this blog going for a year, it's been such a wonderful journey!

     So as you may or may not know fashion month for S/S 2015 Ready-to-Wear wrapped up at the end of September and there were a lot of great collections in my opinion. This may be a little late but I wanted to share with you a few of my favorites from each city! Enjoy!!

New York 

      Sachin & Babi
    

    Sachin & Babi has always been a brand that I've only sort of liked but I really loved the minimalism of this collection. The simple shapes are really easy to wear and the abstract prints seen throughout the collection was enough to add interest as were the subtle pops of color.

     Milly

 

     The Milly collection also had a nice minimalist quality ( I really into minimalism right now for some reason). I also thought all the crop tops were just perfect and the ladylike skirts were a great pair for them!

     Alice + Olivia



     Alice + Olivia has always been one of my favorite brands and I love almost all of their collections. It was really hard for me not to put the full collection up here as my favorite. This collection, as opposed to Milly and S&B is anything but minimalist and I love it anyway (I guess my mind can't decide what it likes better!). All the patterns, colors, and luxurious fabric, I just couldn't get enough. All their clothes seem really wearable to me, especially if you have a special occasion, I wish I could buy all of it!

London

     Mulberry

     The Mulberry collection was totally ladylike and I loved it! I liked the use of lace and floral patterns but I really loved the almost holographic octagon print as seen in the first two pics. Overall it was just a great summer collection.


     Marchesa
     Marchesa is another brand that I usually love every one of there collections and this one was no exception! This collection was like glamorous flower child in my opinion which is a look I love. The intricate floral applique shows just  how much work went into then. And that purple dress (above) is to die for, and also could I just be married in that white dress, it is sooo gorgeous! Even the blue gown would be beautiful for a unique wedding dress!

     Mary Katrantzou


     Mary Katrantzou is always a designer that puts out unique and interesting collections and this one did not disappoint. The intricate lace work, the dresses that to me almost looked like coral (seen on second to last dress), and the interestingly cut-out dresses all made this collection one I really loved!
 
Milan

     Alberta Ferretti 



          Alberta Ferretti's collection was very fairytale like. The beautiful lace, embroidery, and appliqued flowers (which were my favorite) all worked together to create a magical effect. I especially liked the flower harness on the flowy blue dress (far right) it was innocent with a subtle hint of sexy.

     Iceberg 

     Fun and sporty is how I would characterize Iceberg's collection. I loved the color-blocked button up shirts as well as the bold colors and patterns seen throughout the collection. And that food emoji print (seen of far right dress) is so cute and quirky!


     Dolce and Gabanna  


     Dolce and Gabanna's darkly romantic collection really spoke to me. It's been a concept I've been really liking lately, especially in what I personally wear. The blacks, burgundies, and golds mixed with the luxurious extras like applique, lace and intricate beading add a really great effect to this entire collection. 
 
Paris
    Balmain
 
      This Balmain collection was one of my favorites in a long time. For a while I wasn't feeling it as much as a used to but their S/s collection was really good! The angular shapes seen in the jackets as well as the hints of color seen throughout a nearly all black and white collection make a great match. It's minimalist sexy and it's perfect!!

     Isabel Marant


      Isabel Marant's collection had colors more attune for fall but I didn't mind. All the ruffles in the short dresses are really fun and those leather waist belt are to die for! All in all this was a really young, vibrant and cool collection.

     Alexander McQueen


     Alexander McQueen is always a great show to watch and this show didn't disappoint. It was like intergalactic mixed with something I can't quite put my finger on. The clothes were very unique and beautiful especially the black coats/capes with silver detailing and the frothy pink dresses seen at the end of the collection.
 
      So what did you think of these collections, did you like them? What were some of your favorites from S/S 2015? On a different note, I might be posting a room tour of my dorm soon and maybe a clothing haul, so stay tuned for that.

     When I started this blog I had no clue about what I was getting into, I'm really think that both I and my blog have evolved so much in the past year and I hope to keep this blog going for many years to come. I'm excited to keep writing more and interacting with all of you so I'll try and post more often than I have been in the past few months. And as always, have a great day and I'll talk to ya soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment