Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Favorite Summer Lipsticks.



     So you  may or may not know this about me but I really love lipsticks! And now with summer officially started I'm loving them even more. I'll wear them in pretty much any color imaginable, but I wanted to show you guys the few lipsticks that I've been wearing most recently, Enjoy!


Brand/Line: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Color: Lollipop


     This bright pink lipstick from Revlon is so fun and has been one of my favorites for a while now. It's the perfect cute and classic summertime color. The only things I would say is that this brand doesn't have the most staying power, so if you don't mind reapplying after you eat/drink then it's not too bad. **Also the color is much brighter and more vibrant in person than in my picture, just so you know**

Brand/Line: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm
Color: Shameless


     This color is also from Revlon but a different line. It's got a matte finish compared to the other one I just mentioned but the color is just as bright. This purple goes with my skin tone (and probably many others) very well. It's definitely a great color if you want to stand out!


Brand/Line: Fierce Magenta: Glosses
Color: Golden Peach



     I got this and the next two lipsticks from this great little Etsy shop called Fierce Magenta. They have a lot of really unique colors for a pretty good price you should definitely check out their site at https://www.etsy.com/shop/FierceMagenta.  And even though this beautiful gold is technically a lip-gloss instead of a lipstick I had to include it because I just love it so much. I never thought a bright gold would work for me but it really does! I'll also use it lightly on my cheeks sometimes to give them a little extra glow. Now since it is a gloss, it doesn't stay on a good as their lipsticks, but it's still pretty good for a gloss.


Brand/Line: Fierce Magenta: Shimmer Lipstick
Color: Quicksilver


     Now you might think a silver is more wintery but I disagree. I feel like silver, especially this one which is more shiny and isn't too dark or charcoal-y can work just as well for summer as it can for winter. It works especially well when you wear a more punky or androgynous look. This lipstick has about a staying power somewhere between the Golden Peach and the Grape Parfait which I'll show you next.


Brand/Line: Fierce Magenta: Glossy Lipstick
Color: Grape Parfait



    This lavender is one of my favorites of the bunch. When I first bought it I was worried that it might be too light for my skin tone, but I thinks it's just right. It really adds that extra sweet and girly vibe to any outfit you wear. Bonus! This stuff stays on really well!


Brand/Line: Maybelline: Color Elixir
Color: Vision in Violet 


     And last but not least we have this lovely purple from Maybelline! This one is also technically a gloss but the color goes on just as bright as any lipstick. I've gotten so many compliments wearing this stuff! It's got fairly good staying power and it looks great when paired with the Grape Parfait (to give a light pinkish purple color) and with Shameless (to add shine and amp up the color that the lipstick already has)! 


So there you have it, all the lipsticks/glosses to have been on my summer rotation! I would definitely recommend any of these for people looking for some fun summer lip color. Tell me, what are some of your favorite lipstick brands/colors this summer? Anyways, have a great day and I'll talk to ya later! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment