Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Otakon Haul!




     So the weekend  of July 24th I went to Otakon with some of  my friends. For those that don't know, Otakon is a three-day long Anime Convention that's held in Baltimore, MD every summer in July! This was my first year going and it was definitely an experience. I saw so many creative people cosplaying as all different characters in this huge convention center, I went to interesting events and panels and got to spend time with both old and new friends while geeked out on the anime we all love. And while I didn't cosplay this time (since I only had about a month to prepare) if I ever went back I would definitely consider doing it!

And another big part of convention was all the great things you could buy! From tons of anime merchandise to anime centered art created by the many talented artist who show and sell their work at the convention.

That's what this post is about. Showing you guys the things I bought and hopefully enlightening you a little more into my experience at Otakon the different anime and anime-related things I like. So without further adieu, enjoy!!


     These pins were just too cute to pass up for only $2 each! I love the Legend of Zelda video games and I thought the pin of little Link looking very shocked was perfect. When I first got the pin in the top left I thought it was just a typical Lucky Cat pin but then after I bought it and looked at it closer I realized that at the top it says "Strength in Artistic Sense" which makes me feel that I was totally meant to get this pin since I'm in art school. Maybe it'll bring me good luck! At first I was only gonna get the first two pins but then I got the Chocolate pin on a whim because it was just so cute!




     Any Harry Potter fan should know what these are, and me being a huge fan myself I couldn't pass up these Deathly Hallows earrings. I've been wearing them pretty much every day since the convention.



    I bought this little guy 1.) Because it's cute and 2.) To show some VCU pride since our mascot is the ram. And a bonus I didn't realize until after I bought him, he squeaks when you squeeze him!




     I can't really leave a place without buying some articles of clothing so here they are. I'll definitely be wearing these printed knee high socks with a black skirt come fall as well as this fox scarf. I've been sorta obsessed with foxes lately and so I couldn't pass up these adorable little foxes.




    Here is the art that I got at the Con. Top left is from one of my newly discovered but instantly loved movies, Spirited Away! I just watched it for the first time a few months ago and loved it so much! I especially love No Face (the one on the right for those who've never seen the movie) and doesn't he just look so cute knitting.Top right, further satisfying my fox obsession is this cute little painter fox making butterflies with his brush. And the bottom one I didn't actually buy, I got it for free when I went to see the English dubbed premier of the anime Aldnoah. Zero. My friends liked this anime and I had never heard of it before but after watching the first three episodes at the convention it's definitely one I want to continue watching! All of these art pieces will definitely be going on my dorm room walls once I get fully moved in





     This is probably my favorite purchase at the convention. For those who don't know this little black cat is from the movie Kiki's Delivery Service, it's been one of my favorite movies since childhood and this messenger bag is beautiful. It's also practical too with lots of pouches and storage inside. I had put off buying it til the last day of the convention because it was almost $40 and I didn't know if I wanted to spend that much, but when I did finally decide to get it it was the last of this design that the seller had, so it's a good thing I got it when I did or I may have missed out on it forever.




     Also, on a different note, this corset was an almost purchase. Me and my two friends got to try them on and it took so much will power to walk away from all the pretty ones they had and not buy one. But they were about $100 and I knew that they really weren't practical for my life and I probably wouldn't wear it so I said no and walked away. :(


Well I hope you guys liked this post about the things I got at Otakon. So tell me, have you ever been to Otakon or any other anime convention? Do you watch anime and if so what are some of your faves? Anyways, have a great day and I'll talk to ya later! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment