Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

My New Neutral






     So a few months ago I got this makeup palette as a gift and I absolutely love it! It is the NYX Dream Catcher/Dusk til Dawn Palette. I feel that it is a great alternative to Urban Decay's Naked Palette which I have liked for some time now but couldn't justify paying the $50 price. This palette is only about $12-13 and even though it doesn't have as many colors as Urban Decay's palette there are still enough to make a multitude of neutral looks!

     Loving this makeup also represents a personal shift for me in some ways. I remember years ago, heck even one year ago, I wouldn't have given this kind of makeup palette a second glance. I thought it was boring and pointless to put on eye makeup a similar color to your skin but now I have almost completely done a 180. I wear this palette almost every day, whereas before I was all about bright colors like blue, purple, green and pink. Maybe this is just a temporary shift with how I've been feeling lately--wanting things to be simpler and easy-- and in a few months I'll be back to loving all things color when it comes to eye makeup. Or maybe it's because I'm getting older and becoming a more mature person and this love of simplicity is here to stay. Either way, I like this personal shift and want to see how long it lasts!

So tell me, what is your favorite color of eye makeup? How has your makeup style changed over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment