Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My New Purple Wig + A Review


     So at the end of February I bought this beautiful purple wig!! I've wanted purple hair for a while (since purple is my favorite color) but decided against dying it because I didn't want to bleach my already damaged hair, so instead I decided on a wig!! I had been researching different wig sellers for months and finally settled on buying my wig from the brand Purple Plum Inc. which is sold at Anime Stuff Store.
     I bought the Tomoyo wig in the color Mauve Purple. It is a 32'' wig with long bangs (Links will be at the bottom of the post). And now I wanted to give you guys a little review of the wig. I'll use 5 different categories to review this wig.

Shipping: 5/5
     Shipping was really great from this company. They are based in the U.S. and so shipping was really fast. I ordered the wig on Sunday, Feb 23 and received it on the 26th which was actually a day earlier than when it said it would arrive. I also got a tracking  number for the wig which was nice. It came in just a regular mail pouch and within that the wig was in its own bag and wrapped inside a net.

Wig in the package
 Price: 5/5
     The wig was $25 and with shipping it came out to be $32.60, which was I feel is a great price!!

Comfort: 4/5
     For my first wig I feel this is pretty comfortable once I get it one. It has adjustable straps in the back which I'm not quite sure how to use since this is my first wig. And when I first put it on it felt a little tight, but after I had it on for a bit the tightness went away and it felt fine. Also, it's not very heavy and doesn't make me feel weighted down. It can feel a bit hot sometimes, so I don't know how it would feel wearing it in the warmer months.

Color: 4/5
    The color on the website is very similar to the color of the actually wig., the wig might be slightly darker (also ignore the brightness of the websites picture, it's really not that shiny). You can only see slightly different tones of purple if you look closely, but overall it does look like just one color. But it definitely doesn't have that fake looking color to it so all in all I think the color of the wig is good.
**Side note: I almost bought the lavender purple wig from them but am glad a didn't because I don't think it would have gone as well with my darker skin tone.**

    These pics best represent the actual color of the wig.



Quality: 3.5/5
     Overall I really like the quality of this wig. The fibers look and feel like real hair and the wig is very soft! It's not really shiny at all which makes it look much more real, (Don't let some of my pics fool you, most of them were taken with a flash and the ones without flash came out blurry so I couldn't use them, it really isn't as shiny as it seem in the first pic and the next pic you will see.) 
     It says you can use heat on these wigs but I haven't tried and probably won't use heat since I want to keep it straight. It also doesn't tangle easily and hasn't shed very much even though I've brushed it a few times. It has a medium thickness to it which is fine for me because I sometimes feel the really thick wigs look more fake.
     My only problem is that it is a bit thin on the top and there is this one section in the back where the wefts are a bit far apart, but you can't see it unless you look from the inside of the wig. Overall  I think this is a good quality wig!!

Here are some more pictures of the wig.

Taken with flash in artificial light

Taken without flash in artificial light
Overall Rating: 4.3/5
     All in all I am really happy with my purchase and really glad I purchased from Anime Stuff Store It's a pretty good quality wig for a really good price. I really love my wig and can't wait to wear it out and think of awesome outfits to go with it!! I would definitely recommend this wig and this store and I actually have my eye another, more natural colored wig from there, but I'll have to wait until I get more money.
      I also think I might cut this wig to about upper chest length just to make it easier to deal with. But I am going to wear it out at least once in its full length and then decide if I want to cut it.

**Tip: For styling purposes I would recommend wearing a hat or headband with this wig to make it look more realistic. And if you are going to wear a hat I suggest a larger/looser hat like a beanie (which I plan to wear) or baseball cap. When I tried tighter hats, like my fedoras, they made my head feel really squished inside.**

Link to store: www.animestuffstore.com
Link to wig:  http://www.animestuffstore.com/product.php?productid=27867&cat=5553&page=5

     I hope you found my review helpful and stick around for my purple hair incorporated into my future outfits!! And as always follow on Bloglovin and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment